Update for customers required to submit a Certificate of Fitness
3 July 2020
To alleviate pressure on the health system in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, temporary measures have been put in place for licence holders required to submit a Certificate of Fitness.
If you fall into one of the below categories, you do not need to take any action at this time. Advice will be sent to you when your next Certificate of Fitness is due.
- Hold a light vehicle class licence (class C, R, RD or LR)
- Hold a heavy vehicle class licence (class MR, HR, HC or MC) or driver accreditation and do not have a medical condition
- Hold a class C licence, are 75 years or older and regularly complete a medical self-assessment
If you are the holder of a heavy class licence (MR, HR, HC or MC) or driver accreditation and have a medical condition you will still receive a Certificate of Fitness in the post as normal. Once your Certificate is received please make an appointment with your health professional and once completed, submit the certificate to Service SA.
A Certificate of Fitness is also still required in the following circumstances:
- A medical professional or SAPOL have advised you are not medically fit to drive
- Customers with a licence under suspension subject to a certificate/medical advice being submitted
- A new driver accreditation application