Outer areas concession
20 June 2022
From 1 July 2022, the State Government is reintroducing concessions on registration fees for vehicles registered in an ‘outer area’ defined location.
The Outer Areas Registration Concession will provide:
- a 50% reduction in registration fees for eligible vehicles with a gross vehicle mass less than or equal to 4.5 tonne (light vehicles); or
- a 40% reduction in registration fees for eligible vehicles with a gross vehicle mass over 4.5 tonne (heavy vehicles).
The Outer Areas Registration Concession will be made available for residents of:
- the whole of Kangaroo Island;
- the District Council of Coober Pedy;
- the District Council of Roxby Downs; or
- all other parts of South Australia that are not within a municipality, a district council area, or Iron Knob.
A vehicle will be eligible to receive the Outer Areas Registration Concession if:
- the vehicle is to be used wholly or mainly in outer areas; and
- the registered owner resides in an outer area; and
- the vehicle is to be kept at a premises situated in an outer area.
Please note that Outer Areas Registration Concession is not applicable to heavy vehicles that are Rigid Truck types 1 and 2 or Special Purpose Vehicles.
From 1 July 2022, login to your mySAGOV account to apply for the Outer Areas Registration Concession for your eligible vehicles.
To create a mySAGOV account, click here or phone 1300 450 422.
Alternatively, the registered owner is required to submit an MR21 – Application for Vehicle Concession (Primary Producers or Outer Areas) to Service SA.
Applications can be submitted to Service SA in person at a Service SA Customer Service Centre or via post to:
GPO Box 1533
ADELAIDE SA 5001