Two-Factor Authentication is available in the mySA GOV account
2 December 2021
mySA GOV account holders are able to increase security of their account by enabling Two-factor Authentication.
You must be logged into your mySA Gov account on a desktop PC or laptop and install the FreeOTP Authenticator or Google Authenticator app on a mobile device.
Follow these steps to set up Two-factor Authentication:
1. Install either the FreeOTP Authenticator or Google Authenticator app from the App store or Google Play on your mobile device.
2. Log in to your mySA GOV account on a PC or laptop. Select the link that appears in the “Two-Factor Authentication” section on the dashboard.
3. Open the Authenticator app on your mobile device and scan the QR code displayed in the mySA GOV account (see image below). A six-digit code will be generated by the app.
4. Enter the generated code into the “one-time code” field in your mySA GOV account and click save.
5. Your two-factor authentication will be confirmed.
6. You are now logged in with two-factor authentication
Once the two-factor authentication has been set up, access the authenticator app to generate a code to enter as part of the mySA GOV account log-in process.
For assistance in adding two-factor authentication to your mySA GOV account, call 1300 452 422 during business hours.